So You Still Think Homosexuality Is A Sin?
via my mother
Best thing in the world.
I like this.
That one time we stole an entire generation of people
How about when we overthrew a government because we asked “but why is the rum gone?” and then demanded an answer? With guns.
Or how about when the Prime Minister of Australia, left his own party, formed a ruling coalition with the opposition, then made a new Nationalist party to run the country, without a single election?
Or when every single elected Federal representative of Australia was fired?
Or when we had a Prime Minister with a world-drinking record?
Or when, during an outbreak of the Black Death in Australia, some brave scientists worked out the disease could be spread through fleas- leading to the development of effective, modern quarantining.
Also, this one time when a single, outgunned man completely changed the face of the country.
Or when the women of our nation completely changed our institutions so this country would be one of the first to grant them to right to vote and run in elections.
Or when we helped draft the Universal Declaration of Human Motherfucking Rights.
So shut the fuck up.
That time when the Prime Minister went for a swim and DISAPPEARED FROM THE FACE OF THE PLANET
Except this isn’t the kind of shit they teach us in history class. I can’t count the number of times EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL YEAR we did white bitches landing on the shores of Sydney.
How about that time when more bombs were dropped on one Australian town in WWII than in the attack on Pearl Harbour.
Or that time when British colonists wiped out almost the entire indigenous population of Tasmania, and sent the rest off to Bass Strait Islands.
Or that stretch of coastland where over 630 shipwrecks occurred.
But yeah, First Fleet and gold rush, that sums up Australian history in schools. :/
Proud Papas. After trying to become parents for nearly a year, two gay King penguins at the Odense Zoo in Denmark adopted an abandoned egg. The two successfully incubated and hatched a chick last month.
1. How much Conquering is too much Conquering?
- One hundred square miles
- Girl please that’s like askin’ how much chocolate is too much chocolate
- You can’t contain that stuff man, you gotta roll with it
- Trick question!! Now I’ve burnt down your house.
2. The Battle of Stamford Bridge?
- Mel Gibson was terrible as Harald Hardrada and there wasn’t even a bridge in the movie
- Historians agree, good use of tanks
- Tostig is all like, the pridelands are mine, Mufasa
- At least it’s not Sweyn
3. What was the relic of St Peter that William wore around his neck?
- A lock of hair tied in a ribbon inside a valentine
- Eyeball of Destiny (disputed)
- Genuine fart, captured in a vial, sealed in wax
- Geode, from that time the disciples visited Jesus’ bedroom in Nazareth and divided up all his stuff (Gospel of Mark)
4. When William’s horse died:
- All the other horses died too because: science
- Everyone was like it’s over but then William was like no way and they were like way but he was like no way and it ruled
- He used it as a weapon and slew many a Saxon!
- Han Solo had to open it up with a lightsaber to keep William warm and Rob Roy hid in it
5. How does one remove an arrow from the eye?
- Push it out the other side (recommended)
- Push it out the other side (not recommended)
- Doesn’t matter how you do it to a dead person
- Keep it bro! Chicks dig it.
6. Was William a bastard?
- He was once but it was just a phase
- Ask the Northern Earls
- I see what you did there
- Yeah but I doubt he has a complex about it or anything
7. Is England French now?
- I can’t hear you through all these baguettes
- Only the parts with money/swords/power
- Who do we know that can conduct a census to find out?
- Oh Tish I love it when you speak French! *mwah mwah mwah*
8. What is the better way to die:
- Arrow through eye
- Horse incident w/ exploding corpse
- A combination of the two
- Anything but those two things
9. Was Harold a good king?
- He was good at catching sharp things with his face
- He was good at LOSING
- He was good at having the worst family
- He was alright
10. The Bayeux Tapestry is:
- a propaganda machine
- too big to hang in the dining room
- The worst issue of Batman I’ve ever read
- Harold dies?? Um, spoilers
Please circle all your answers and hand in your papers via Harold’s favorite falcon
Misao and Fukumaru. “We will never be apart.”
12 years ago, Japanese photographer, Miyoko Ihara (伊原 美代子) started to take photographs of her grandmother, Misao. Born in 1981 in Chiba (Japan), Miyoko Ihara has studied under Kenji Higuchi (樋口健二), after graduating from the Press Photography Course at the Nippon Photography Institute in 2002. Miyoko is also a member of The Photographic Society of Japan.”
“Under the sun, everyday is a good day. Another good day, Fukumaru”, Misao. Eight years ago, Misao found a odd-eyed kitten in the shed. She named the cat “Fukumaru” in hope that “God of fuku” (good fortune) comes and everything will be smoothed like a “maru” (circle)”.
“We’ll never be apart!”, says Misao to Fukumaru. Both of them live in a tiny world, with dignity, with mutual love. Still today, under the blue sky, Misao and Fukumaro work in the fields and in these natural surroundings, where they shine like the stars.”